Saturday, October 11, 2014

This most recent bout of depression/anxiety has really gotten me thinking. That may be good, or bad. 

When you are young, the whole world is open before you, and you collect things, people, ideas, beliefs as you experience it. 

You reach a certain age, and things aren't so shiny and new anymore. Things become mundane, boring, and it gets frustrating. Comes a time when you have to start paring down your life, getting rid of things and people who no longer are a positive in your life. 

I live in a dead-end town, the town I grew up in. Got out of it for thirteen years, but a crisis in my life brought me back here. It's not the same place that it was when I was younger; then, I hated it because it was boring. Now, I hate it because it's become a drug and crime infested place where good citizens are afraid to even leave their homes sometimes. 

I thought by now, I'd have found someone compatible to share my life with; that hasn't happened. I know we are not guaranteed this. 

As of now, I'm stuck. The priority is to recover from this new bout. Then to find the strength to move on, and not lose hope. To believe that life is still worth living. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home